LO3: Justify the choice of content and the repurposed format
This assignment will outline and show a clear understanding/
justification of why the proposed content is suitable for my personal media
profile. There will be a discussion of the benefits and opportunities of the
adaption along with any limitation that need to be considered. I will also
consider formats and file types for the adaption.
In the two years of my media course, I have created audio, visual, audio-visual as well as written work. I have had to repurpose a lot of this work such as my radio show from a WAV to an MP3 to make the file size smaller so it can easily be exported by email or on to my blogger. By changing the format of my product, it allows me to send the radio show directly to my future employers or to other people who are potentially interested in my show, without them having to wait ages for it to load etc, because it has a larger file size. Another advantage of this is that allows me to save space on my portfolio, meaning I can add more content of what I have created on to my portfolio. Moreover, potential employers can view the content which shows them my skills and techniques in addition to reading my personal statement.
I have also had to add and repurpose other types of media to add them to my blog, as well as to my portfolio, such as scripts, call sheets and sample footage. I have decided to include my short film into my portfolio as it shows my ability to work as part of a team to plan and produce a professional product, in the film making industry. It also shows skills which I have such as time management, to get the product in on time, my editing and directing techniques. The way in which this has been repurposed is through an MP4 file and has been uploaded on to a private channel therefore I can access it, however others can’t see it unless I show them myself. I can then embed a hyperlink therefore employers can view this and check the quality of my work.
Overall, I have Included content into my portfolio which show future employers my creativity, determination to work with a wide selection of different media projects. Also giving the impression that I will give any project a go to the best of my ability. I also stated the benefits of repurposing my work, to give the best possible outcome. Throughout the previous units I have studied they have taught me skills and techniques which I can document in this assignment.
In unit 3 (create a media product) we have to design a media product and I produced this using the software Adobe Audition. The final result of this was brilliant as I used the tools and techniques from previous modules and units. The skills I have learned creating this are vast and I can adapt my way of thinking when approaching new exciting tasks in the future.
If I was to repurpose my breakfast radio show I would ensure the file size and type are most appropriate when uploading to a website as this will be the main holding place for all my work and evidence. The website will be my main source when any employer or university wants to look at what I have done, I want the quality to be present in all my attributes but not contribute to the size taken of the website.
Comments
Post a Comment