LO3: Legal and Ethical
A legal issue needed to consider when I was creating my short film was the copyright law. This is when someone creates their own original content, such as images or videos, they then own the rights to this content and has control who can or cant use is. Therefore when creating my own film I will need to make sure I use my own clips and make sure that my clips don't look similar from parts from other films, that I want to include in my film. For example, I will need to take my own clips, or even use copyright free clips off of websites such as Pexels. Pexels have assets that people can use for free.
When creating my radio show I needed to make sure that I stuck to the different media regulation rules which is created by Ofcom. The content which I produced bad to have no swearing/ violent/ sexual references, that could potentially offend anyone. Having stuck to the rules which was put in place by Ofcom it means that if I wanted my radio station to be broadcasted in the future then it would be accepted as it wouldn't offend anyone. I also took into consideration about using my own original content in the show to avoid getting a copyright fee.
In both my radio show and short film i would need to make sure that i avoid plagiarisms. This is where you use someone elses work but claim that it is your own original content. This would be important to take into consideration when creating my media profile as if i was to upload someone elses film or radio show then I would need to credit or pay that person to allow me to share their work, which could lead to a legal issue if I wasn't to do so. Likewise if someone was to use my work as their own then I could sue them as they haven't got permission or got in contact with me beforehand.
An ethical issue through my media profile is cyberbully. If I was to publish or create my media profile on Blogger or a site which is accessible to a lot of people then it will allow users to comment and share the content which I have uploaded. This could result in harassments from specific users or trolling other people in the comment of the post, therefore this would need to be monitored, any users that choose to use bad language or bully others then they will be blocked from my posts, in the future.
Data Protection could also be an issue, this is safeguarding data when people are accessing the internet and different sites across the browser. Some companies who take peoples information have responsibility to not misuse and protect their customers data. This links to my media profile as if I needed to gain any information, such as names and DOB, I need to use them for what i need them for for that media product within my rights. However, not sell their data to third parties and make sure I deleted their data once finished using it.
Comments
Post a Comment