LO3: Identify and repurpose content for use in the profile

In this assignment I will choose a piece of work I want to repurpose and adapt. The current medium identified will be explained in detail and outline the benefit to potential employers or universities. This assignment will focus on a short film along with a breakfast show. This assignment has only been made possible due to coverage in unit 3 where we had to create a radio advertisement.

Short film:

In order to add my short film on to my portfolio I originally needed to export it as a MOV file and exported it again to a MP4 file type. This then enabled me to upload the video the short film on to YouTube, so I could then add it on to my portfolio. By doing this it will show any future employers that I have the skills to plan, produce and edit a film. This shows employers the work which I am capable of, this then shows the professional quality of the work which I can potentially create for them, when being employed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3wJNGumIVc


Breakfast Show:

Another piece of content which I needed to repurpose was my radio show as originally it was exported as a WAV file, however when uploading my audio file of the radio station to my portfolio I want it to be at the smallest file size possible to make the loading time smaller and does not take up too much room. Therefore, the file size has been changed to a MP3 as it has one of the smallest file sizes, so it will not take up too much storage space, and it can be easily distributed through networks

Overall, as you can see from this assignment I have discussed two examples that I have conducted during this course and explained what the benefits of their repurposed asset is and how this can apply to my media profile.


Comments